Friday, August 3, 2012

Free Run

I recently started up a new hardcore cardio workout regimen called H.I.I.T. (High Intensity Interval Training) and it does wonders. High intensity interval training is much more effective than steady, long-paced cardio because you take in so much more oxygen during the high intensity intervals that your body has to work harder to replenish all of that oxygen, thus, it keeps working hours after your running, burning more fat and calories as it uses the energy to replace the oxygen.

My HIIT consists of the following:

1) Stretch
2) 2-3 minute warm up walk/jog
3) 15-30 second intense, as fast as you can SPRINT
4) 2 minute walk/jog

Repeat steps 3 & 4 six to ten times, followed up by a 2-3 minute cool down and stretching.

A good run starts with great shoes. I just purchased a pair of Nike Free Run 3+ running shoes and they are super light, and perfect for my cardio training. I highly suggest buying a pair (more colors and options are available online) Click the link on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment